A forum for CMEX delegates, speakers, and prospective participants to voice their opinions on the issues being discussed at the conference. In creating this blog, delegates Amber Sizemore and Lisa Adjei, visioned an environment in which curiosity and ideas can be nurtured and respected. So from our minds to yours, please feel free to use this blog as a spring board for any ideas,suggestions, or concerns about maintaining sustainability in the tourism industry. Happy Blogging :) !

Friday, May 16, 2008

The World Wide Traveler - Pam Perry from Motown


Ok, I admit it. I am not well traveled - I have been to Jamica once (Honeymoon) and on one Caribbean Cruise. Mostly, I travel via the world wide web - me and Google have a thing going on.
I have friends from all over the world thru my Myspace and other internet "web 2.0" vehicles.
So, here am at my first CMExchange Conference - doing a presentation on "Digital Media Strategies" - In the beautiful country of Puerto Rico. WOW. God is amazing.

So far I've managed to keep my wonderment to myself - this is truly the most mind-blowing experience I've had all year. (Like I said, I'm stuck to my computer most days) doing Ministry Marketing Solutions.com

After the invitation to come to CMEx, My first question to Andria Halll & Bevan Springer (in my mind) "So, what is the DIASPORA?"


Diaspora -
a. A dispersion of a people from their original homeland.

b. The community formed by such a people: "the glutinous dish known throughout the [West African] diaspora as ... fufu" Jonell Nash
.
4. diaspora A dispersion of an originally homogeneous entity, such as a language or culture: "the diaspora of English into several mutually incomprehensible languages" Randolph Quirk.




I thank God for this opportunity to share and learn from all the people of the Diaspora.
The quality of the people here is outstanding and amazing.
Now I WILL visit www.caribbeanmediaexchange.com often - and get out there and vist the Caribbean a lot - in person! Stay tuned after I realy tour the place! I'm sure this will better than the brochure. :)

No comments: